Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

To be five and super sweet....


Early one Sunday morning, just before church, Cam and Jim were spending quiet time together.  The two older boys were still asleep, lights were low and all electronics were surprisingly off.  There was a stillness and a sweetness about the moment; you've had those moments I'm sure.  It's something you experience but can't really explain to others...but it's special and it's something you vow never to forget.  So what do I do, when I don't ever want to forget? I blog! 

Jim and Cameron were sitting on the living room floor petting the cat.  I was upstairs in the bathroom, scurrying to get ready to leave for church.  It was early and still quiet in the house, so I could hear every sweet word, every gentle gesture - it was as they say, "a Hallmark moment". 

Out of the quiet, I hear the voice of my little five year old say sweetly, "Dad, how do I say I LOVE YOU in his language?"  Melt my heart...daddy laughs, I pause...and then I hear a barrage of, "mi, meow, muu".  That cat is loved...but not as much as that little boy is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!