Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Prefer To Call It Nag-ga-licious....


SO a few months ago (cause I’m of course cured of this) I proceeded to tell my husband (as he gets home from a 10 hour day at work) all about all the things that I WANTED to nag at him about throughout the day. In a very NON nagging way, sort of like…these are the things that I let bug me all day. I’m not mad at you for them and I know that they are irrational, but I still in those moments wanted to nag you over every one of them. After my laundry list I tell him, "I don’t want you to do these things NOW, just in the moment I wish that you had or wondered why you hadn’t taken care of my irrational list" yeah guy, the list of items that you should just somehow KNOW I want or need to be done (you mind reader you).  He of course, because he's Mr. Fantastic, laughed at me and gave me a huge hug. AWE! 

I now wonder, does giving him the list so plainly and in a non argumentative way have the same affect on a him as they would have had I nagged him over them. Even though I wasn’t nagging, but told him I had WANTED to nag him, does it make a difference? Does it lessen the blow? Or am I still a nag? I think it probably still makes me a nag….but a nag on the road to recovery! At least I have acknowledged that on RARE occasions I find the need to vent, or as some misinformed folks may call it: nag - isn’t that the first step to my healing? Nagging is a disease right?

Does Blue Cross cover some sort of treatment in a specialty center for this Naggarosis - like somewhere in the Caribbean? Just until the snow here has melted - Mr. Fantastic is welcome to come along to support me in perfecting my jet ski skills...oops, I mean my Naggarosis recovery…..sigh!

Mr. Fantastic is so cool - I bet that if you asked him if I'm a nag he'd say "No, she doesn't nag ever"! LOL  I have to admit, I'm not very good at nagging - I hate be nagged so I hate TO nag.  In fact, when I'm in the middle of a NAG-O-RAMA moment I apologize the whole way though.  It's pitiful - naggers around the world be ashamed of me!  He likes to tell me "It doesn't bother me, it's just because you're tired".  He is right, I don't nag often and when I do it's in moments that I am exhausted or had a day that dragged on and on with nonsense. I have begun to learn that these "long & draining" days are, if I let it, only meant to steal my time and my joy.  Once I learned that fact, I started to live by this motto: "You might steal away my time, but I refuse to let you steal my joy ever again"!  Hugs and love friends......

4 comments:

  1. I may need Naggarosis treatment in the Carribean, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! We can go together...LOL my bags are PACKED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I live alone so I don't nag..however I do have a boarder and I tell him to stop eating all the junk food and yet once in a while I will eat a small bag of chips. What do I do now.
    Marianne Brady

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! So technically you nag a litle.....so we'll call you a "wee lil' nagish" So Marianne I think everyone is "nagish" once in awhile! LOL Tell him stop eating all the junk food-unless he's sharing of course! ;-) And chips are potatos and those have some redeeming qualities....to me chips are a health food! LOL love you

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!