Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Everyone has em'...what's your quirkiest hidden talent?

What's your hidden or undiscovered talent?  We all have them and sometimes we realize these talents early in life and other times they don't blossom until much later.  Many of us also have some quirky talents that are completely second nature to us and we don't even realize they're so "out there".

I'm one of 3 children, I have an older brother and sister.  My sister Karen is 6 years older than me and we shared a room together since I was 5 (much to her disappointment).  But over a period of time, she came to find I was a great listener, someone she could talk to who wouldn't judge her, but listen and reply with the best innocent advice that my little brain could target in on.  So I would say one of my talents would be that of a good listener - but one of my hidden talents that I discovered while rooming with my sister is: being able to do everyday tasks either in the dark or with my eyes closed! LOL 

Karen and my brother Kevin were both bathroom hogs and you've probably guessed it: so am I!  I will share the space and resources but I need my "smoke & mirrors" time, otherwise I'm not quite me for the day.  I'm a makeup junkie and have been since I can remember my life on this earth!  I'm old, that's a long looooong time.  Another small bit of info: I love to sleep in and drain every last second out of my bed time!  But, back to my hidden talent....since my siblings were such bathroom hogs and I was always sleepy, I remember many times I would have to improvise on how to get my "makeup" game face on and ONLY be 15 minutes late to anywhere (me and my friend call that Chrissy and Kim time - we used to be late 15 minutes everywhere no matter how hard we tried).

All those years of being bathroom deprived, I learned to put my makeup on, in the dark while lying in bed waiting for the bathroom to clear out.  Yes, I can put my makeup on in the dark or with my eyes closed and yes even while laying down without a MIRROR...crazy I know. 

Tap tap tap....is this thing on? LOL  Wow, its 1:18 in the morning....and my fingers are still typing.  I need to check and make sure I'm awake,  I could be sleep-typing.  One time I was typing with my eyes shut and my 8 year old walked by and started laughing....he said "how do you do that?"  I said "do what"? like it was nothing....."close your eyes and type, how do you know what you're typing"...."cause its in my head, I don't need to see the screen to type what's in my brain...duh". LOL that might explain a few of my typo's and how sometimes I hit the back space button and loose all of my work! LOL whatever....it adds to the excitement of typing! I'll know what I've typed when I decide to open my eyes...no biggie! LOL Nite...or good morning...either way:  HUGS!!!!  And be sure to stop by and let me know what your hidden or quirky talents are...this could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!