Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

You're Unique....Oh Yes You Are!!!

There has never been or will ever be another one like you. You are unique, special and made to order. You are one of a kind and unique especially in the eyes of the Lord. You were put here on earth for a special purpose and plan that is only for you to fulfill. Your true purpose will always be God honoring and within his will. His love for you is uniquely yours, the highest, truest and purest love there is and it’s yours to receive. It often boggles my mind to hear how unaware people are in knowing their true worth, their value, their potential, their “fantasticness”.

Please never doubt how special you are and never underestimate how valuable you are in God’s eyes. Knowing this fact has helped me to come to the realization that everyone is special including myself. On the outside I may appear to be “together”, maybe even confident and comfortable in my own skin. I have to admit, I am these things most of the time, but not always; and only after battling years to overcome self doubt, missteps and a lack of self worth. Only through coming to know Jesus have I begun to realize that everyone and everything has purpose, has value and needs to be treated as a treasure…treated with respect and cared for in a way that is God honoring.

When we loose sight that everyone is valuable and has a purpose we loose the ability to have compassion and empathy for one another. Even more so, when forget that we belong to one another, we lose a piece of our humanity and it becomes easier to be dismissive, hurtful, spiteful, maybe even hateful, cruel and vengeful. When we remind ourselves that we are all God’s creation it is easy recognize that we are his treasure, a unique work of art, his masterpiece….and that is something everyone can find peace in!

   "People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway."
                                                                                                                   ~ Mother Teresa

   "If we have no peace, it is because we forget we belong to each other."
                                                                                                                  ~ Mother Teresa

 
Psalm 139:13-16  For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Jeremiah 1:5   The word of the Lord came to me, saying, Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Hugs & love to all.......Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!