Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Fence

Just wanted to stop in and say HI and share with you Jim's past devotional.  I thought it was a cool new way to talk to you about perspective...I hope you like it:

While I was on my break the other day, I was walking outside along a fence.  I noticed quickly all of the debris and trash on the ground.  I kept walking and all I could see was broken, rusting metal and scattered trash.  It was dusk, and the sun was just about down.  In that moment when everything around me looked so bad, I happened to look up to see the sun and its rays cutting down through the clouds appearing as pillars of hope.  The sky was full of color and pureness…it was picturesque.  In that instant I had to choose what I was going to focus on, the garbage or the light.  In life you will have many fences and will need to choose.  You can focus your mind on the bad stuff or you can focus yourself on hope and keep your sights set on the beauty and goodness in your life.  I chose to look up and to look to the Son.     

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!