Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Where are you.....1/2 way here or 1/2 way there?

Hi there! Happy Monday (at least as I’m writing this)!!! I hope your weekend was a blessed one filled with all sorts of fun, love, joy, a chance for service and maybe even some pampering time as well.
Once again, God’s perfect timing never ceases to amaze me, I love what he does and how he does it.

There’s been lots of changes in my family - my mom has been healing from lung cancer surgery, my niece just gave birth to her first baby, family members on my husband’s side have moved far away, and then throw in there birthdays, illnesses and this crazy weather, one can’t help but wonder how do we juggle it all and still stay happy, healthy and sane? One thing I ask myself is, “through all of this am I still growing in my relationship with Christ? Are these moments meant to teach me something simple or something huge? Or are they just distractions in my life meant to throw me off track and attempt to lead me far away from where God wants me?”

Speaking of God’s perfect timing, Jim and I wrote this week’s devotional (early this past week) on the prodigal son - we found God also inspired our Pastor to speak on the very same thing just yesterday in our worship service! I love when God does that. I figure the message is either his perfect timing wanting to get this message out there to many or something we/I need to hear again and focus on this week. Here’s our “UAW Weekly Devotional”, let us know what you think:

We all are the prodigal son, the question is where are we in the journey. Are you 1/2 way here or 1/2 way there...are you coming or going?  Do you find yourself running away from God, wildly squandering your life away? Or instead are you running to God, into his open arms that wait eagerly with love, longing to receive you as you are? He doesn’t care about how much you’ve messed up or how long you’ve been away. He’s just glad that you’re with him now and he is planning a celebration in your honor.

Luke 15:11-32  Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them. Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate. Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

Thanks for reading friends...let me know how you're doing...and just remember: You Are Loved!!!
xoxo Kim

3 comments:

  1. Love it! My husband and I lust read it. He is a minister. He said, "This is good!"
    Trust me..coming from him...that is huge. LOL Thank you for blessing us, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe....thank you (and him) so much for that. That really touched my heart and was a huge encouragement!!! :-) I love that you read it together....awesome!!!! Thanks for stopping by, reading and commenting Vickie - I'm blessed to have met you and call you friend!!! Hey, Congrats on your blog...how awesome is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, keep up the great blogging.

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!