Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I happen to love earth prints....God made dirt and dirt don't hurt!

Hi there! YAY, it's finally spring - I love this time of year! There's just something about Spring that makes me extra happy and brings a renewing freshness to everything that surrounds us - it's so wonderful and for me only this time of year can do that. Bring on the cleansing rain, bring on the beautiful flowers and bring on my flip flops already!

I'm a big gardener - all flowers all the time! I have been since I was a very small girl, playing in my mother's veggie and flower gardens. We lived on about an acre and a half and so there was always spots to plant something, spots to dig a new hole and spots just to play in the mud! I was outside NON-stop, it was a very different time then my children live in now. But the cool thing is, my mom and I have passed on our love for the garden, for the Earth, for DIRT to my 3 boys. They keep their very own veggie garden at my mom's house. It's their's to prep, plant, pamper and pick - from beginning to end. It's also their's to reap the rewards of their bounty.

I would have to say I have five love/passions in this world: God, his people (my family just happen to top that list), singing/music, great attitudes of kind, unselfish good deed doers and planting stuff. I have very few other passions - writing is beginning to emerge as a new passion, as well as photography!  But for me, when I'm singing or in my garden (sometimes doing both) time flies by and the world around me becomes distant and almost silent - I just get in this ZONE! I love when I have earth prints on my fingers tips! I also love to wash those prints off soon after because I happen to be an "almost" career germ a phobe. However, for some reason I love dirt - just not under my nails - HA!!! But you know what they say, "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt! LOL

Hey, I just want to thank YOU, from the bottom of my heart for all of your love, support and friendship that you've shared with me over this past year. It means the world to me that you've been there for me and I'm so happy to call you friend. 

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls."  ---Mother Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!