Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Try and try as I might, sometimes I just gotta let go...

Isn’t it funny how sometimes when you put your mind to work the spigot just turns on and flows, and how other times you can barely get the nozzle to turn? I wonder often just where inspiration comes from! Does it come from necessity, boredom or chocolate? Fear, sanity, the crazy or the lazy? I suppose it comes from all sorts of places…smells, sight, sounds or even money. Sometimes inspiration can come from nothing at all, just the quick moment of picking up a keyboard and letting it all go. Sometimes when I stop and write, I put nothing down at all, which in fact isn’t really writing now is it? No, sometimes if I try too hard I get writers block.

Sometimes the harder I try to do something, sing something or attempt to accomplish anything, the worse I do at the task at hand. Sometimes the harder I try to do it on my own, it only becomes more difficult or down right impossible for me to begin let alone complete. I believe I’m not alone on this one! So why is it that we do this to ourselves? Why is it that our first instinct isn’t ALWAYS to include God in on the light AND heavy lifting? Why does it appear sometimes that we so easily forget to rely on the provider - the one with all the answers?

All we need to do, is just take pause and instead look to God for comfort and direction when life gets difficult or when situations are not working out like we had hoped they would. Things may or may not be easier in doing so, but we would have rest and peace in knowing that the outcome is God’s will. We would know and be satisfied in knowing that He is in control. Humbly seek God before all things.

Psalm 62:8  Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Philippians 4:7  “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Isaiah 41:10  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!