Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

I Long To Be Undignified!

As adults, many of us try to live our lives prim and proper trying to look dignified in everything we do...including how we worship. We long to fit in with others (even our brothers and sisters in Christ) so that we don't get scoff at or humiliated.  So what do we do?  We hold back how we really feel at times! Occasionally we need to forget about everything around us and become undignified. Worshiping with all your soul may look odd to others, but don’t let that stop you from giving God all of you. Remember, ALL of life is a form of worship...not just Sunday mornings. A great example of this was when King David and his men were marching with the ark.  King David began to dance in the street as a form of worship to the Lord. Now if anybody was to look dignified it was the King of Israel.  However, he didn’t hold back...he gave God all he had and worshiped Him openly and unrestricted.  To love, to worship, to praise God freely, fully and lavishly....that should be our goal. 

2 Samuel 6:14-15
Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

2 Samuel 6:21-22
David said to Michal, "It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord's people Israel--I will celebrate before the Lord.  I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!