Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm So Not Perfect.....

I am so not perfect. I don’t have great hair. I don’t have a beautiful figure. I don’t have a ton of book smarts or street cred. I don’t have flawless skin. I don’t have a brilliant mind. I can’t remember like I used to. I can’t see 20/20. I can’t climb a tree anymore. I can’t beat you at most board games. I don’t sing like an angel. I don’t write beautifully. I can’t paint a masterpiece. I can’t cook to feed the masses. I can’t always find my car keys. I’m not always on time. I want to do everything I promise but sometimes I forget. I want to learn to ski but hate the cold. I want to heal the broken and strengthen the weak but have days I can‘t even climb out of bed. I want to mend fences, mend hearts, mend friendships but I don’t sew very well. I am so not perfect. I don’t know anyone that is….except Christ. Through him I can do all things…through him everything is possible. Through him I can find strength to give strength….through him I can forgive and be forgiven. Through him I can comfort the sad and broken and bring them to the healer. Through him I am redeemed…through him I am the way he would have me to be, through him I am perfect - and for that I Am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!