Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Focus On The Light.....

I am by no means a great photographer, but I love to snap tons of pictures and have a husband that has a passion for photography.  Many times, out of boredom, we'll challenge each other at different events we attend to a friendly contest: to see who can capture the most unique, artsy, crazy or funny picture.

He's much more skilled than I am at judging the lighting, distance and setting up shots and he takes some great pictures.  I probably am more reckless and have to take hundreds of photos to get one really great shot...but it's fun and it has helped me learn to use my camera and all it's fancy features.  I must have gotten kind of good, because he has now begun to claim my best shots as his! LOL  Fortunately, in life and faith, I have learned to become much less reckless - I am still learning, growing and tweeking my heart and attitude, good thing I don't have to do that alone either.

When taking photographs, the amount of light available makes all the difference in the world for a quality picture. Poor or low lighting will easily produce out of focus shots or shots missed completely that will never be again. Our lives can be the same way! If we live life without God, who is called “light”, we will miss having that quality and purposeful life that God has in mind for us. We may miss opportunities he has for us because we’ve been living each day in low or no light at all. By relying on His light and reflecting it back into the world, your “life’s picture” becomes in focus and clear and the blurriness of the day to day routine gets washed away with light that brings everyday anew, fresh and in focus.

John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Psalm 89:15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, LORD.


Psalm 104:1-3 Praise the LORD, my soul. LORD my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.

Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you take very good pictures, thank you very much! and your blogging is very good as well. keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks so much for reading and commenting!!! I appreciate it....HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha think? Love it, hate it, could care a less? You listened to me now I would LOVE to hear what you have to say! HUGS & LOVE!